Response to Return Plan
Your roadmap to success for the 2020–2021 school year
Waterfront Learning is committed to
supporting school district teams
as they navigate the challenges posed by COVID-19.
With Waterfront Learning, school districts can embrace a variety of scenarios on the learning continuum, and efficiently transition from one to another as their environment changes.
Full In-Person Instruction
significant physical distancing
attendance for all staff and students
buildings open and full
Hybrid Learning Model
of in-person/virtual attendance
buildings partially filled
Full Remote Learning
classes attended remotely
schedules potentially followed
and mortar buildings closed
Learning Implementation Roadmap
– A discussion to gather information about the district’s vision.
2. Waterfront Learning Presentation
– Strategic planning for district specific virtual learning options.
3. Implementation Meetings
– Planning meetings to design and develop the district’s program with the key
4. Initial Professional Development
– Professional development for the district’s individualized program for
administrators, teachers, and liaisons.
Focused on the district’s preferred vendor selections.
5. Launch – Support from
Waterfront Learning as needed to answer questions and collaborate for a smooth
transition into the world of virtual education.
6. Monthly Support Meetings
– Addressing needs that arise throughout the school year.
7. Sustained Professional Development
– Strategically planned professional development throughout the school year
focusing on student orientation, progress monitoring, quarterly changes and
grade reporting, student interventions and planning for the future of the
Supports and Building Blocks
of the scenario, Waterfront Learning can assist school district administrators to develop and execute any instructional model from initial design to implementation and launch. Every model includes a variety of flexible supports that school leaders can use to move along the instructional continuum.
1 Flexible K-12 Online Courses
– Waterfront Learning’s online courses are easily interchangeable within
traditional, cyber or hybrid learning models.
2 Special Education Services
– Students with IEPs are assured modifications and adaptations in face-to-face,
virtual or hybrid learning models.
3 Technology Support & Consultation
– Waterfront Learning supports districts
leaders as they prepare technology for traditional, online and hybrid
4 Professional Development
– We train district staff to maximize
student learning and quickly transition between learning models and
5 Social Emotional Learning – Districts have access to transferrable online SEL curriculum that can be used in all models and meets SWPBIS goals around trauma-informed practices.
6 Support for Families
– School leaders will be able to assess student needs and link families with educational, behavioral, health
and safety services and resources.
Waterfront Learning is a flexible virtual
education program custom designed for your school district. Waterfront Learning
enables school administrators to leverage hybrid technology to provide a
flexible, rigorous education program economically.
When it comes to online and hybrid learning,
each district has its own unique set of needs and goals. Waterfront Learning, a
service of the Allegheny Intermediate Unit, has a menu of options that
incorporates high-quality courses, online instruction, and professional development
at reasonable prices.